New High Protein Pastas and Sauce Tips
Here you will learn some hints to cook our new high protein pastas and sauces.
- The fusilli and orzo cook best on the stove top!
- They come in really neat "boil in a bag" bags. I like to prepare a few at a time for convenience.
- Make sure you boil them in salted water for a solid 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, I open the bags and put them into individual serving size bowls with lids.
- For the sauce, using the pasta water add 3 tablespoons and one sauce packet into a separate small bowl. (If cooking more than one serving, I use multiple small bowls and sauce packets.)
- Now, slowly add small amounts of sauce into the pasta bowl until it is flavored to your preference. Some people like a strong flavor and others prefer a more subtle one. It is easy to add more flavor, but if you dump the whole sauce bowl in and it is too strong, it's hard to take it out!
- Lastly, add in cooked non-starchy vegetables to the mix. I like to slice and saute mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, and shallots.
Be the first to comment...